Thursday, August 23, 2007

Rainbow and Montrose Beach

I was working at Rainbow Beach today on the south side of Chicago and had a flyover Whimbrel and a single Willet who landed. The Whimbrel was calling quite a bit as it flew over. The Whimbrel looked as if it was going to land but a woman was walking her dogs along the shoreline at the time. There had been a sighting of a Whimbrel at Montrose earlier in the morning so there is a good chance this was the same bird.

I also checked out the many Monk Parakeet nests at Rainbow Beach Park. Here's a pic.


Later I stopped by Montrose and had 7 Willets, a Baird's Sandpiper, Sanderling, Least Sandpipers and Semipalmated Sandpipers. It's always so cool watching Willets fly.
Baird's Sandpiper

Baird's and part of a Semipalmated Sandpiper

Least Sandpiper


I saw that A DC Birding Blog used Bird Cinema for their videos so I tried them out. I like them better, but I don't like that they automatically start playing. Any thoughts? You Tube maybe?

No comments: