Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Suburbanites

We are almost done unpacking. Soon normalization will reign!! Evanston is yuppiville, but with yuppiville come things like curbside recycling!!!, a yard, a basement with a work bench, community gardens, and a coffeeshop, thai place, grocery stores, homemade pizza, blind faith cafe, and more all within walking distance (well, if it wasn't below zero all of the time!) Our landlord is very hands off. Our upstairs neighbors used the term "slum lords." Whatever. It is snowing right now and I can't wait to get out there and shovel the sidewalk! I actually bought some de-icer! I like having some stake in how the place looks and runs. I guess I want to be a homeowner. Next purchase, composter. If only we could have a chicken coop!

If anyone is looking for any gift ideas!

No comments: