Thursday, December 15, 2005

Teaching is for Chumps!

So last night in a fit of sleep deprived, anxiety ridden, drug induced rage? no, depression? no, some yet to be described clinical diagnosis, I changed my "theme" for my class. I wanted very much to stick with my place/nature thingamajig, but I kept thinking, ya know if the students rain on my parade I'll be much more upset if I am teaching something I really care about. So I am now focusing on "The American Dream" whatever the Hell that means. I think I'll have them watch Office Space, do some work with advertising, pop-culture, read some essays and then end up with the book Into The Wild. Maybe we could just watch movies everyday and my main contribution will be Popcorn???? Good idea? Done.


and a quote to make this seem a little meatier

For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three.
- Alice Kahn

No comments: